Boot and Shoe is a 4 star self-catering cottage near Barnard Castle in Teesdale and can accommodate 4 (or 6) guests.
Why Boot and Shoe? The sign was found when the roof was being repaired in the 1950s!
The cottage, once a cobblers and a pub, has been restored to a high standard with original wall cupboards, beams and fireplaces retained. It is now well furnished with country antiques and paintings and photographs of local interest adorn the walls.
Relax in the atmospheric sitting room with its wood burning stove, comfy sofas and views over the front garden and fields. The fully equipped kitchen / dining room has French windows opening on to the garden, with steps down to the river. Enjoy your meals whilst watching the River Tees flow by - an ever changing view!
- Wood burning stoves in sitting room and living / dining area. Logs are supplied
- Well equipped kitchen with electric cooker, microwave, dishwasher, and freezer
- Dining / sitting area with French windows overlooking the river
- Utility room with washer/dryer and plenty of space for boots and outdoor wear
- Shower and WC on the ground floor
- Upstairs are 2 bedrooms - a large king-size double with ancient oak headboard and an attic-style twin (suitable for 1 adult or 2 children due to limited headroom). Both rooms are comfortably furnished with cotton bed linen.
- The upstairs bathroom has a shower over the bath and towels are provided.
- Welcome hamper of home-baking, local produce and basic groceries
- Frozen meals to order in advance
- Fresh eggs from our hens and vegetables from our garden (when available)
- Well stocked toy cupboard, books and dvds
- TV, video, DVD, radio and CD player
- Wi-fi available
- All linen and towels are provided
- Cot and high chair available on request
- Parking for 2 cars
- All weather tennis court
- Private fishing on the River Tees
- Safe storage for bikes
- Walking on the Teesdale Way from the front door
- Dogs by prior arrangement only
- An additional twin bedroom with en-suite can be booked with Boot and Shoe Cottage
- We are committed to good environmental practice and sustainable development
Download our Access Statement
Boot and Shoe Cottage, Wycliffe, Barnard Castle, Co Durham DL12 9TR